I have been studying the relationsbetween the MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) Personality test andthe trends of personality types among players and their playstyles.
In case you are not familiar with MBTI, please refer to this link:http://www.dec.co.th/mbti_explanation.htm
Relationships between MBTI and Players and the Most Common Classification
From what I have seen from people voluntarily giving me their classification, I have noticed a trend of many players being I's, otherwise known as introverts or people who get energy from being alone, and are drained by being with people. I think this is because with the Yu-Gi-Oh game, a player is able to choose how much time they spend with other players, like whether or not to go to locals/regionals/YCS. Judging by this, according to the DISC scale, I believe many players are D's or C's, which indicates that a person is task-oriented, which I believe is on some scale necessary to being a Yu-Gi-Oh player, as tasks of research and testing is vital to the game.
S's, or people who rely on senses rather than iNtuition, I have also noticed make up a large majority.I think this is perhaps because Yu-Gi-Oh! Is a game that you need to think and sense things through and analyze everything that is happening, as trusting your gut should be a last resort.
T's, or Thinkers, are people who thinkthings through, like S's, make up the third letter of the majority ofplayers. This also helps a lot in Yugioh, as opposed to F's, who gowith their feelings, so thinking about the gamestate will help youmake a good decision.
The final letter that makes up the majority of players is J, which means Judging, but not in a bad way.This means that they prefer to make quick decisions and stay to a set out guideline, as opposed to P's, or Percieving, which means staying open to other decisions.
Deck Preferences
Going on this data, I think I's might slightly prefer "solitaire" decks like Dark World, or Final Countdown, whereas E's would slightly prefer to play interactive decks like T.Gs.
S's, or Sensory people, would not much like decks like Arcana Force, or any chance card for that matter. N's, on the other hand, might like the adventure of decks like that.
Perhaps Feelers would like decks that are all over the place, like Plants, and Thinkers would like a deck whose gamestate is easier to analyze, like Ninja Mist Valley or Agents.
I believe that the majority of J's like decks such as Gishki, Dark World, and the likes, decks that have a specific set of things to accomplish. P's prefer decks like Six Samurai's and Dragunitys, which have many different options.
Conclusion
My conclusion, then, is that the majority of players are I S T J/P's, as this is also the most idea ldeal personality type for Yu-Gi-Oh!. I am not trying to say, at all, that you must be this type, but it seems this is the most common type in the playerbase. I myself am an ESTJ.
A good thing to know is how to love and be kind to ISTJ people. You love them by being predictable, steady, consistent, and loyal, just as they are. Be nice, as you should be.
You can love and be kind to an ISTP by doing the same thing with and ISTJ, but you can be more spontaneous or unpredictable around them.
Tune in next time for another article! Down in the comments, tell me your personality type! There are many quizzes for this online.
No comments:
Post a Comment